Thursday, October 7, 2010

Getting Real

Hi, I'm still here :)



I've been dealing with a lot of things lately, and feeling very stressed, overwhelmed, betrayed, angry, and alone. Not that I've really had the time, but I've been avoiding this blog a bit. Well today I decided to check in on some blogs that I follow, and I read this post by Kelly at Kelly's Korner. (If you don't follow her blog, you should. She is such awesome God-fearing woman, and she has the cutest litle girl!) This post really touched me and really put things into perspective for me.

‎"Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. " 1 Thessalonians 5:18

I am so blessed. My life is far from perfect-far! But, I am alive, I have a husband who loves his family and works hard to support us. I have a beautiful, healthy baby girl with a personality that just won't stop :) I have wonderful parents who do way to much for me and my family and I am so thankful for them. And I have awesome friends, who I wish were closer, but they are only a phone call away. What else do I need?

"God is able to do abundantly, exceedingly more than all you can ask or imagine." Ephesians 3:20

Isn't that awesome?! I've really been trying to strengthen and grow my relationship with the Lord, and I can tell such a difference in my life and in my attitude. On days when I get too "busy" to take time to read his Word or talk to God, I can tell such a difference. It's amazing how you can see God working in your life when you make the time to talk to him. It's so easy to get consumed and burdened by life and all it's trials. Just give it to God.

"In the world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

I find that so encouraging!




And on another note, Saylor is 10 months old today! I'm sure I'll do a 10 month post in a few weeks ;) ha! I need to make her little 10 month onesie for pics now- I'm so behind!




No comments:

Post a Comment