Thursday, September 2, 2010

Back to me

Good news! The "mullet" is gone :) My hair is finally back to normal, and I am happy about that! I almost feel like the old me again. I didn't realize how much having a baby would change me.

It's funny to think back at all things I said about pregnancy and motherhood before I had ever experienced it. I always said that I would be the cutest pregnant person, I would wear heels, and all this cute stuff. And when I would see frumpy women with their children, I would think "that would never be me" blah, blah, blah. I now keep my mascara in my purse so I can swipe it on real quick before getting out of the car, and only then for "special" places like church. It's sad, but somedays it's all I can do to get a shower, much less get all pretty. I'm pretty sure I've forgotten how to put on eyeliner...

I was especially delusional (and vain!)about the whole birth and hospital experience. The main thing (aside from the health of my sweet baby) I thought about before labor was making sure my hair and make up were done. Really, and I'm ashamed to say that if I ever have another baby, I'm sure I will be worried about it again, but I will be prepared to know how looking "put together" will be the LAST thing I could possibly care about or have the energy for!

But, I tell you what. It is A-MAZ-ING how much a good hair cut can make you feel like a new person. Even if you have to save and use up all your blow money for it!

1 comment:

  1. I am in total agreement!!! I have not reached the point of a new haircut yet although I see one in my near future :)

    ReplyDelete