Thursday, February 4, 2010

Getting in touch with my crafty side...

So, I know that I just blogged about my lack of ability to make hairbows, but apparently I can make hair flower clips! They are super easy, and super cheap to make. All you need is a flower (duh), a hot glue gun, a 3ish inch piece of matching ribbon, and some kind of hair clip (I used an alligator clip).


Ok, I got these flowers from Michael's craft store. I think they were like $1.99 a piece, but they were 50% off :)



I just pulled the stem off, it was fairly easy, then cut the plastic part off that was left sticking out of the back.

Then I cut my white ribbon, 3/8 inch grosgrain, and hot glued it to my alligator clip.














Finally, I just hot glued the flower to the ribbon covered alligator clip, and that's all! So easy, and took like 5 minutes to do, which is great since I have a 2 month old that likes to take 10 min naps!

Here are the finished flower clips


And here they are on Saylor's cute hairbow holder :)
I also managed to even make a (gasp!) hairbow today as well! Haha, more on that later. Maybe I should start back thinking of names for my Etsy store, ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment