Sunday, February 7, 2010

Thrown off our "no schedule" schedule

Ah, the past 3 days have really taken a toll on Miss Saylor! We don't have a set schedule, but we tend to have a method to the madness around here. Well, a galbladder surgery, 30th bday, 2 month photo shoot, and out-of-town-visitors can really throw us off! Usually Saylor will wake and eat, then let me eat while she plays a bit in the swing, then she will nap, then wake up and eat, and then play, and sleep, and thats how it goes. I had gotten her to where she would nap every 2 hours-ish. Sometimes her naps would last 2 hours, and sometimes 20 min! But, this weekend naps=FAIL! Little Miss Priss has been so afraid she would miss something that she would not let herself go to sleep, which led to a weekend full of fussiness! Poor thing, she is usually a really good baby, but bless her heart she was just worn out.

My sister Leesa had her galbladder removed on Friday (she's home and recovering nicely) so I had a sweet friend offer to watch Saylor for a bit so I could go to the hospital and visit. That was the first time leaving her with nonfamily, and I had a nagging sense of guilt and I missed her like crazy!!

Then Saturday Anna came from Athens to visit and meet Saylor for the first time (which I did NOT get a pic of the 2 of them, sad!) and it was Stephen's 30th birthday, so we spent the day running errands and trying to decorate the house and cook dinner for him. Saylor was not helpful, ha, bless her heart she just wanted her mama to hold her :) She was however, perfect while we were running errands, I was so proud of her.

And today was her 2 month birthday, so I had to get her little outfit ready for growth pictures. Then we had more visitors. She got to see (Aunt) Cheney again (no pics of this either!!), and Mimi and Papa. Well, by that time she was so done! I spent the better part of today trying to get my poor tired baby to sleep, between my mom and I, I'm pretty sure we tried everything we could think of! But my little social butterfly was not having it at all, ha! I guess we're gonna really be in for it when Saylor learns to talk, from the way it looks now, this little girl is going to be quite the chatterbox :)

No comments:

Post a Comment