Thursday, March 25, 2010

blah!

Ok, mommies should be exempt from getting sick! Especially if they are breastfeeding, bc the medicine options are zero :( Ugh, seriously I've felt like poo today, and Saylor couldn't care less, ha! She has been such a little smiley, talking, playful thing today, almost took my mind off this awful cold!
Lately I have been struggling with the whole breastfeeding situation. My "goal" has been to nurse until Saylor is 6 months old, but I keep going back and forth ( mommy guilt is an awful thing!) on that decision. I love the bonding, the nutritional value, of course I love that its free, and I really love the convenience of middle-of-the-night feedings, but I feel like our sleeping is regressing and I feel like a bottle might help us get more sleep! I just feel so guilty since I stay home with her, that formula is an unnecessary expense.
And I had to share another one of Saylor's thoughts...



1 comment:

  1. These pictures are cracking me up!!

    I'm sorry you don't feel well. That was the worst. Get better soon!

    I completely understand the "mommy guilt." I had no intentions of breastfeeding Hampton past 3 months, but we wound up going just under 6 months. Do you have any pumped milk? Why don't you try giving her a bottle just at bedtime (w/ more oz. than usual) and see if it helps her sleep longer? Then, if it does, you pump each night after she goes to bed to have a bottle available for the next night. If that doesn't help, then you can try formula.

    I don't know. I'm no expert! Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete