Friday, May 7, 2010

Show us your baby name

Over at Kelly's Korner its show us your life Friday and the topic is baby names. I love this, so I had to participate :)


I have been dreaming of my children's names, for pretty much ever, haha. So, when it came time to actally name my child, I was so thrilled! I did not realize how stressful it would actually be! My husband and I could not seem to agree, I looked up baby names for hours on end every night from July to December! We had a boy name we both liked- Jackson (I know its really popular now, but we got married in Jackson, SC so I still wanted it because it had a meaning to us) but we could not agree on a girl's name for anything! Finally, we had it narrowed down to Lila Kate or Saylor Kate. I liked Lila because it was a family name (which I did not know at the time I picked it out, ha I had just finished watching season 3 of Friday Night Lights and was really liking the name!) but for years I have loved the name Saylor, I think it is so cute and different, but not totally out there. So, we went to the hosptial without a name (gasp!) I was waiting to see her name to make a decision...but, we really were leaning towards Saylor Kate because her initials would be the same as ours.


Of course, we ended up naming our sweet baby girl Saylor Kate, and it totally fits her. Although, poor kid will probably getting really tired of correcting people for calling her Taylor, but such is life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment