Thursday, April 15, 2010

Oh, what a night!

Last night was what I'm sure will be the first of many times where I felt scared and helpless as a mommy! Saylor fell asleep on the way home last night, so we had her in her carseat while we were getting ready for bed and such last night.

When we were ready to get her out and put her to bed she kind of woke up and started spitting up a bit. She is not a regular spitter-upper, she does from time to time, but never as much as she did last night. I thought at first it was weird, but no big deal because she went right back to sleep in her daddy's arms. So we put her to bed and went to work on cleaning out our bonus room. Well, a little while later I went to check on Saylor and the poor thing was projectile vomiting, and had it everywhere! I scooped her up and got her cleaned up and bathed and called the doctor's office 'hotline' and spoke with a nurse. I'm pretty sure the problem was her tummy was too full! We tried a 6oz bottle last night with rice cereal and new formula. I know that I shouldn't have introduced 2 new things at once, but she had a cereal bottle Monday night and did fine, and she had this soy formula when she was an infant, but I guess her tummy has changed! We tried starting a bedtime bottle, since Saylor has been regressing on her sleep, but I would rather get up every 2 hours to nurse at night, than have anything like last night happen again! So, I have decided to go back to EBF for a while!! We'll try again with the rice cereal probably in a month or so, there is no rush! Now I'm just keeping an eye out for an ear infection, poor little thing! She just looked so confused last night, she didn't understand what was going on, but she was smiling away almost the whole time!


**btw, I realize that I made at least half a dozen typos and such in some of my recent posts (and who knows how many in this one!!) but sleep is really something that has not been easy to come by lately, so my brain is really fried. it's ridiculous. i'm going to retire from the grammar police :) so, please excuse my mistakes, i'm sure you know what i mean!**

No comments:

Post a Comment